Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Into the New Year

January is always a long and difficult month, and this one is no exception; with some tragedies in my personal life, I am comforted by working.
Creating, recording and performing music encourages me and lifts my spirit, and thankfully, I have used that drive to complete all the lead vocals for my CD "RAIN"!

MrT, my producer, pushes me hard to give him the very best I have, and I am always happy when I step out of that sound booth.

I have a couple more sessions to complete myself; I still have to lay down all the grand piano tracks, and the background vocals, too, on several songs.
That's good - I don't really want to be done! I mean, I want the CD finished, but I hope I can start immediately on then next album, so that I can keep working.

I have had some delightful reviews, both of "Close Your Eyes" and also of some of my performances, and also have received many wonderful encouraging letters. These things help me and keep me pressing on, but truly, the number one thing that makes me continue in music is the music itself.