Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Already April

Wow, it's already April, and my CD was supposed to have been released in March.

Because of continuing health problems, I have not been able to finish it yet, but I am very close, and, more importantly, I love, love, love what this album is beginning to sound like.

It's a new direction for me, working with Mr T. The sound we're creating is just as classic, just as gentle as before, but more clean, more sophisticated.

I'm delighted with his creative genius; so often his ideas are just what I wanted for the feel of the song, but I didn't know how to express it in words.

There will be several photo shoots, both for the album itself, and for use in marketing....a new friend of mine, who owns a beautiful antique store, has offered to let me look through a large collection of vintage gowns she recently bought, for use in my photos and videos! That's every girl's dream, right?

I have enough material now for another CD and maybe half another one after that. When I am in the studio working regularly, I find music flowing out of my heart and mind much more often.
I try to carry a notebook with me all the time, so that I can write down ideas as they come - sometimes I am somewhere public, the library, or the church, and I suddenly start muttering and scribbling and tapping my toe.

People look at me oddly, but so far no one has actually called the men in white.

Hoping to keep it that way.

I miss the steady stream of mail I was getting from new friends who've discovered my music - every single letter encourages me to continue, and I love and appreciate all of you that have taken the time to write me.

Soon.
It will be soon!